Are Dental Implants Worth the Investment?
If you are facing the loss of one or more teeth, you have likely spent some time researching tooth replacement options. At our Burnaby, BC dental clinic, we offer a number of tooth replacement options, but our patients who replace missing teeth with dental implants are by far the happiest with their decision.
Why Dental Implants?
Dental implants have numerous benefits, including:
- Dental implants take the place of your natural tooth root and permanently integrate into the jawbone where the tooth root is missing. After they are surgically placed, it takes anywhere from four to six months before they are fully integrated and can be completed with a dental crown. Because they are permanent, recipients have no worries about the implant shifting or moving the way dentures do.
- With dental implants, you will have no food restrictions because implants function very much like your natural tooth. You can eat all of your favourite meats and vegetables without worry.
- Dental implants are made to blend in perfectly with your natural teeth, so no one will know you have a dental implant—except you and your dentist!
- You don’t have to do anything special to take care of dental implants; simply brush and floss as you normally would and visit your dentist twice each year for examinations and cleanings.
- With dental implants, the density of your jawbone is preserved. With dentures, your jawbone will eventually begin to shrink because there is no tooth root to stimulate it and keep it healthy. Eventually, this can alter the appearance of your face.
Why Dental Implants Are Worth the Investment
With dentures, patients find that they will need to have them adjusted over the years as the jawbone begins to shrink. This is an added expense—not to mention inconvenience—that denture-wearers can count on through the years. Dentures will also have to be replaced regularly.
Dental implants are designed to last a lifetime. Although your investment might be higher in the beginning, it is well worth it in the end.
Call Our Burnaby, BC Dental Clinic to Learn More about Dental Implants
Find out for yourself why this tooth replacement option is so popular. We look forward to seeing you!