What are the signs that I need gum disease treatment?
Periodontal disease, or gum disease, usually presents with the following signs:
- Bleeding after brushing and flossing
- Red, swollen gums
- Persistent bad breath
- Teeth that look elongated because of gum recession
- Loose or shifting teeth
If you have any of these signs, your gum disease may already be advanced, and you need immediate treatment to get the condition under control.
At our Burnaby, BC dental clinic, we offer laser gum surgery using the Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP), which provides several benefits for our patients:
- Comfort—Laser surgery means we don’t have to cut the gums, so the procedure is more comfortable for patients during and after.
- Faster healing times—Without cutting there is no need for stitches, so the healing process is much quicker.
- Precision—Unlike traditional gum treatment, LANAP laser gum treatment at our Burnaby, BC dental clinic enables us to remove diseased tissue without having to cut into the gums.
- Stimulation—The heat of the laser promotes tissue regeneration.
The procedure will take place over a couple of two-hour appointments; we’ll do one-half of your mouth at one appointment and the other half at the second appointment. Afterward, we’ll continue to monitor your progress with follow-up visits to ensure your gum disease is resolved.