Patients often ask us what the most common dental emergency is, and we would say that it's dental pain or a toothache, typically indicative of an infected tooth.
It's important to understand that a tooth infection will not resolve independently, so please don't wait to call your dentist for treatment, thinking it will go away. A toothache left untreated will worsen and could impact neighbouring teeth and even other parts of your body, like your brain.
So if you're experiencing a pesky toothache that keeps you up at night or deters you from your normal daily activities, call your emergency dentist in Burnaby at (604) 438-5261 for prompt care. Our friendly and knowledgeable team is waiting to assess your situation over the phone and let you know the next steps.
What Causes a Toothache?
Toothaches have several causes:
- A severe crack or fracture
- Periodontal (gum) disease
- Decay that has reached the nerve of your tooth and caused an infection
- Injury or trauma
- A misaligned bite
- Teeth clenching or grinding (bruxism)
How We Can Help Your Toothache
Depending on the cause of your toothache, our dentists may recommend different types of treatment for you, such as:
- A crown to repair a severely fractured or damaged tooth
- Root canal treatment to eliminate a tooth infection
- A night guard to protect against bruxism
- Clear aligners to straighten your bite
- Periodontal therapy to manage gum disease
Our dentists will determine the best treatment for your needs, and we can often provide same-day dentistry in some cases.
Contact Central Park Dental Clinic
If you or a loved one is experiencing a toothache or any other dental emergency, don't wait to contact Central Park Dental Clinic at (604) 438-5261. Our Burnaby dental clinic offers morning, evening, and Saturday appointments to accommodate our patient's busy schedules, and we leave time available to see emergency patients and provide prompt care.