Dental emergencies can be scary and disruptive to your schedule. At Central Park Dental Clinic we understand these issues, which is why we strive to set aside space for emergency dental situations each day.
Oral health emergencies may include the following:
- Dental injury, which results in severe bleeding or tooth loss
- Broken tooth
- Extreme dental pain
- Swelling in the jaw or face
- Dental pain with fever
Dental inconveniences that can wait a few days include:
- Mild tooth pain without fever
- Loose filling
- A few drops of blood following a minor injury—an elbow jab for example.
Steps to Take During a Dental Emergency
If you’re experiencing a dental emergency, call our Burnaby, BC office as soon as possible, and our dentists will determine whether your situation requires immediate attention. If the emergency happens after hours, our dentist will also decide whether or not you need to be seen immediately or the next day.
In the meantime, do the following:
- If you have a traumatic injury to the face, get to the emergency room instead—your dentist can be notified.
- If you have lost your tooth, bring it to your emergency appointment—it may be salvageable.
We routinely treat emergency situations and will make every effort to save your tooth or teeth and preserve your smile.
Call our Burnaby BC Dental Clinic
Contact our Burnaby, BC dental office immediately if you think you may be experiencing a dental emergency, and let our emergency dentist assess your situation!